Luna’s Rice Krispy Treats
I’m not a big fan of chocolate, I do however like the occasional dose in ice-cream, milk or with fruit. I also like it with rice krispies. Heres a favourite recipe of mine VERY easy to make, and very yummy too.
10 Mars Bars(540 grams)
130 grams rice krispies
1. In a steam pot or water bath, melt your Mars Bars until thick and runny(don’t let any water get in)
2. In a large bowl, add your rice krispies and the melted choco mix in and mix well with a wooden spatula( or use your hands-careful its HOT!)
3. In a pyrex dish, spread the mix and flatten it out as much as you can, make sure the edges of the pyrex are filled in really well.
4. Place in fridge for a half hour or so.
5. Take dish out, and with a spatula try to separate the mix from the edges of the dish until it comes out a big block.
6. With a large sharp knife(not with a raggedy edge) cut(don’t saw its not bread!) the block into long vertical pieces, then for each strip, cut further into 5 square pieces( about 1.25*1.25 inch pieces, I call these MAN-SIZE pieces:)).
7. Place in air-tight jar.
I’ve known a few who like it a little sweeter, you can add some sugar and honey to the chocolate mix while its melting, personally I think thats as sweet as it gets:)
Entry filed under: foodie.