Au Gratin Taters
My little sisters LOVE junk food. So pizza was on our dinner menu for tonight,I have to admit I do have my junk food cravings every once in a while but I usually end up eating one slice or less and thats it, so I decided to make one of my side dishes to go along with it as its my only means of veggies in my main course. I would like to share with you another one of my potato recipes. You will need:
2-3 garlic cloves
Butter or margerine(1/2 stick)
grated cheddar cheese
*I based my portions as cooking for three people
1. Turn on base oven(160 deg Celcius)
2. Peel potatoes and slice them into 5mm rings
3. Peel garlic cloves and slice into 3mm rings
4. Put butter in pyrex dish and blast in microwave for 1 min
5. Layer the potatoes in rows and sprinkle some of the garlic and salt in between the layers
6. Pour some milk 1 inch from the base of the dish
7. Pop it in the oven for 45 mins
8. Take dish out and sprinkle your cheddar cheese on top, turn on top oven and pop it in for 10 mins until cheese slightly browns
Serve right away but careful it’ll be smokin HOT!!
Entry filed under: foodie.